Electrical Installation at a Dementia Respite Centre
Sector: Health & Police Authorities
Services: Electrical Installation • LED
Address: Harmony House, Pattens Lane, Rochester, Kent
Oakleaf Electrical were successful at tender stage and were awarded the contract to undertake the full electrical installation at Harmony House.
Harmony House is a new Medway Community Healthcare dementia respite centre in Rochester, Kent. We needed to take a dynamic approach to the installation as Dementia patients can be affected by certain environments, in our case wall lighting.
Halfway through the project, each of the 20 bedrooms were re-designed to provide ceiling mounted self-dimming Thorlux lighting, we were able to implement these changes and still meet the tight project programme.
Working closely with the main contractor, Perfect Homes, we carried out the following:
- Installation of new panel board and subsequent distribution boards, throughout the building, including associated sub main cabling
- Installation of Thorlux LED lighting throughout, including staff areas, corridors and bedrooms, as well as externally
- Installation of socket outlets and fused spurs throughout the building
- Installation of power supplies to service specialist systems (fire alarm, intruder alarm and nurse call systems)
- Full testing and commissioning of all supplied services and provide NICEIC certification
Latest case studies
Replacement of Distribution Boards in Hospital
Health & Police Authorities
Electrical Works in Technology College
Upgrade of Lighting and Power in School
Installation • LED
Electrical Installation Within Domestic Properties
Installation • Testing