Oakleaf Electrical Contractors Ltd was established in 1997 by Terry Whent, with Tony Cruickshank as Contracts Manager. Tony took full ownership of the Company in 2016 as Managing Director. Tony has over 37 years’ experience in the electrical industry and is pleased to offer advice over the telephone on various aspects of electrical installations relating to regulations.
We are an NICEIC approved contractor (since 1997) and are active members of the ECA, Constructionline and CHAS Premium Plus.
We currently employ 10 electricians and 5 apprentices. All apprentices undertake a nationally accredited training programme through the Joint Industry Board (JIB). Our approved electricians and apprentices are subject to Police and DBS vetting and undertake regular training.
We carry out a variety of works, including large new build and refurbishment contracts, general maintenance and electrical testing for local and national organisations, eg, Kent Police, Kent and Medway county councils, various schools, colleges and universities, hospitals and local NHS Trusts.
We also carry out repair works for insurance companies in domestic homes, via construction companies.
We recognise that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment, we are therefore committed to finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and on site.
Our client base includes the following:
- Kent County Council
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
- Medway Council
- Gravesham Borough Council
Health and Police Authorities
- Various hospitals throughout Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Kent and Medway NHS, including cottage hospitals and smaller NHS premises
- Kent Ambulance Service
- Kent Police
- Universities throughout Kent and London
- Numerous schools throughout Kent, Surrey, Sussex, London and Essex
- Baxall Construction
- Commercial and industrial companies across the South East and London