Oakleaf Electrical regularly employ and train local people from our Community via the Joint Industry Board (JIB) training scheme.
As a good indication of your suitability, it is likely that you will have or be expected to achieve four GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or 4 or better, in subjects including Maths, English and Science.
The training programme will take approximately 4 years to complete and will be a combination of college based theory and site based experience, with assessments to test knowledge progression and demonstrations of competence over the training programme.
The JTL currently offer two levels of apprenticeships:
- An Intermediate Apprenticeship, which is equivalent to GSCE Level (Level 2); and
- An Advanced Apprenticeship which is equivalent to A Level (Level 3)
The qualification the JTL delivers is an NVQ – a National Vocational Qualification.
Training generally consists of:
- A competence-based element
- A knowledge-based element
- Functional skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- You will receive an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) which will include full details of your apprenticeship modules with completion timescales. This will be developed at the start of your apprenticeship.
You will also have an NVQ Diploma Assessment Plan which will show intended practical progress throughout your apprenticeship. Your overall progress and development will be monitored through regular reviews.
We believe taking on an Apprentice is an investment in our company’s future; it unlocks the great potential of young people and provides development opportunities for the workforce. Numerous electricians working for Oakleaf have completed a full apprenticeship with us; this is something we are extremely proud of.